Location: 121 Robertson Hall
Career Resource Center: 123 Robertson Hall (connected to 121)
Office Hours: 8:45 a.m.- 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
The WWS Office of Graduate Career Services (OGCS) provides career advice and placement assistance to WWS graduate students and graduate alumni.
- Individual and personalized career guidance
- Assistance in developing a well-defined sense of a student’s abilities, interests and motivation
- Help identifying specific jobs or organizational settings of interest
- Résumé and cover letter reviews
- LinkedIn profile and personal statement reviews
- Interview preparation
- Professional and career development workshops
- Specialized training sessions
- Coordination of recruiting visits
- Reference materials in the Career Resource Center (CRC)
- Career panels of WWS alumni and other professionals
- OGCS helps students secure required summer internships, and optional middle-year-out and academic year part-time opportunities. These allow students to apply concepts and theories learned in class to the development of policy in a professional setting.
- Unpaid summer internships in the public and nonprofit sectors are financially subsidized by WWS.
- Financial assistance is also provided for part-time internship travel.
- The OGCS team also assists graduating students and alumni in identifying and securing their ideal professional placements.
- The OGCS maintains communication with prospective employers and alumni for information about job opportunities and seeks new contacts in all areas of public affairs.
- The School’s generous financial aid policy enables its graduates to pursue jobs of interest without the burden of student debt.
- Financial assistance is also provided for informational and job interview travel.
The WWS graduate student alumni network is incredibly strong and committed to giving back by providing advice to students, recent graduatess, and seasoned alumni pivoting into new policy focus areas.
Alumni and current students are encouraged to connect using the TigerNet Alumni Directory by following tips from the OGCS.
Profiles can be updated at any time so alumni can share their current contact information, organization name, and job title in real time.
Alumni can share postings with current students through WooConnect (a private job/internship site) or reach both students and alumni through the Woos News Career Newsletter.
To meet with Barbara Hampton or Emily Sharples, contact:
Robertson Hall, Room 121