Location: 121 Robertson Hall
Career Resource Center: 123 Robertson Hall (connected to 121)
Office Hours: 8:45 a.m.- 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
The WWS Office of Graduate Career Services (OGCS) provides career advice and placement assistance to WWS graduate students and graduate alumni.
- Individual and personalized career guidance
- Assistance in developing a well-defined sense of a student’s abilities, interests and motivation
- Help identifying specific jobs or organizational settings of interest
- Résumé critiquing
- Interview preparation
- Professional and career development workshops
- Specialized training sessions
- Coordination of recruiting visits
- Reference materials in the Career Resource Center (CRC)
- Career panels of WWS alumni and other professionals
OGCS helps students secure required summer internships, and optional middle-year-out and academic year part-time opportunities. These allow students to apply concepts and theories learned in class to the development of policy in a professional setting.
Unpaid summer internships in the public and nonprofit sectors are financially subsidized by WWS.
Financial assistance is also provided for part-time internship travel.
The OGCS team also assists graduating students and alumni in identifying and securing their ideal professional placements.
The OGCS maintains communication with prospective employers and alumni for information about job opportunities and seeks new contacts in all areas of public affairs.
The School’s generous financial aid policy enables its graduates to pursue jobs of interest without the burden of student debt.
Financial assistance is also provided for informational and job interview travel.
To meet with Barbara Hampton, contact:
Robertson Hall, Room 121