Even though the general application instructions say you do not need to convert your GPA, WWS wants your GPA to be on a 4.0 scale. You do not need to recalculate your GPA if it is on your transcript on a 4.0 scale. If your cumulative GPA does not show on your transcript or it is on any scale other than 4.0, it is recommended that you recalculate your GPA.
- Is conversion to a 4.0 scale required?
- No, it is not required, but it is recommended and is helpful in order to provide some uniformity for statistical and reporting purposes at WWS.
- Will recalculating my GPA increase my chances of admission?
- Which scale should I use?
- Always use the scale provided by your institution if they have one. We have provided some sample calculators above. Additional resources can be found at WES. Don’t worry too much about credit weights or “pass” or “satisfactory” courses, or including transfer courses, or study abroad classes, etc. If you are calculating your GPA as accurately as possible, the differences should not significantly affect the resulting GPA.
- Do I need to recalculate my Major GPA as well?
- No, WWS does not require you to calculate the GPA of your major field of study separately from your overall GPA.
- Do I still need to calculate my GPA if I have not completed my degree?
- Yes, calculate your transcript with your available grades to date.
- What if my institution does not provide grades or a scale conversion?
- It is not required to recalculate your GPA. You do not need to spend an exorbitant amount of time completing this request. If you cannot easily calculate your GPA please do not worry, and do not delay the submission of your application.